- Hex dump editor added to IDE (binary files and resources), POREG (binary
values) and debugger (raw memory). A file or resource is considered
'binary' if it doesn't look like it can be loaded in one of the other
editors (source code editor, image editor, dialog editor...).
- Added interface to HTMLHelp2 in IDE. With the proper version of Platform
SDK (i.e. not too old), you can now press F1 on a Windows API function
and get associated help (the interface to HTMLHelp2 is not documented
by Microsoft, but it seems to work).
- Improved debugger: New tab page for 'auto' variables. New tab page
for raw memory. Variable values can be displayed in either hexadecimal
or decimal notation. Better display of character arrays. Display of
MMX registers (mm0-mm7). The color of the current line
can be changed. Only one line is now considered current. Added warning
about DLL relocation, which could indicate a need to rebase.
- New linker options: /LIBPATH and /FORCE:MULTIPLE.
- New compiler pragmas: #pragma startup function
and #pragma exit function.
- New IDE feature: double-clicking a error line in the build window
opens the correct source file.
- When closing a project in the IDE, all associated (open) editors will
be closed too.
- When changing project settings in IDE, the affected files will be
deleted. This means that you don't have to 'rebuild' just 'build'.
- Added minimal support for Microsoft _matherr to runtime
- The compiler driver (CC) now use the IDE registry settings for the
linker too. When linking, it will also display the linker command line.
- Updated <commctrl.h> and <mmsystem.h>.
- Added <sys\timeb.h>, <sys\locking.h>, <malloc.h>
and <memory.h> (Microsoft compatibility).
- Added symbol __PORC__ to the resource compiler. Might
be useful for conditional compilations.
- Bugfix: the CodeView information compactor in the linker didn't properly
handle multiple modules nor duplicate types! Yuck! Fixed.
- Bugfix: the CodeView sstFileIndex information was corrupted by the
linker. Not used by Pelles C, but should work anyway! Fixed.
- Bugfix: Impossible to add new video resource in IDE due to corrupt
template resource. Fixed.
- Bugfix: Problems editing resources on Windows 95. Fixed.
- Bugfix: Syntax coloring didn't work if you went directly to the end
of the file and scrolled backwards. Fixed.
- Bugfix: File type detection didn't work with empty files. Now a source
file is assumed.
- Bugfix: Tooltip in dialog editor interfered with painting on at least
Windows 95 and Window 2000. Fixed.
- Bugfix: Some private runtime functions wasn't properly syntax colored
in the IDE. Fixed.
- Bugfix: Reloading of files modified outside the IDE was buggy and
not fully implemented. Fixed.
- Bugfix: Changing the source code font wasn't immediately reflected
in the debugger. Fixed.
- Bugfix: It's now possible to load executable files under Windows 9X
to start the debugger.
- Bugfix: The debugger lost track of additional threads. Yuck! Fixed.
- Bugfix: The _socket function was missing from <winsock2.h>.
ws2_32.lib missed several functions. Fixed.
- Bugfix: Small trouble with time zones in runtime library. Fixed.
- Bugfix: Creating import libraries with POLIB worked, but they were
completely useless. They should work better now...
- Bugfix: 'View from timestamp' in POREG is only supported on Windows
NT. Now disabled on Windows 9X. Fixed.
- Bugfix: The macro _stprintf, in <tchar.h>,
is now mapped to snprintf, to be consistent with the
Unicode version (swprintf).
- Bugfix: The message compiler (POMC) now use the path specified in
the /R option for binary message files too.
- Bugfix: Long command lines wasn't handled well on Windows 9X by the
make utility (POMAKE). Works better now...