- New source code editor added. Supports call tips, 'sticky' breakpoints,
stream selections and variable pitched fonts. Tabs will be preserved.
Can optionally display white-space and line-breaks. Line-breaks can
be configured (CR, LF, CR+LF).
- The project MDI window is now a fixed pane in the IDE.
- Support for browse information added to the IDE. When enabled, the
project tree will be populated with function names and call tips will
be displayed for functions within the project.
- Support for custom help files added to the IDE.
- Support for importing type libraries added to the IDE (the raw resource
type, not the 'executable' type).
- Compile file added to project menu.
- More buttons added to the IDE toolbar, for building projects and debugging.
- Support for entering symbol names in the memory dump window (in the
- The IDE will now always try to conditionally build the project before
running or debugging (not just checking the presence of the output file).
Less questions will be asked, especially if the new option 'Save
without prompt before build' is turned on (default is off).
- Small visual enhancements added to the debugger.
- Support for dropping files from Windows Explorer onto the IDE added.
- Support for C99 variable-length arrays added.
- Support for C99 compound literals added.
- Support for C99 inline functions added. Please note
that the function must be defined before it's called, otherwise
it won't be inlined. (The compiler has the final word about what gets
inlined). Works best with expressions without explicit/implicit jumps.
- Support for optional arguments added. This is a private extension
that must be enabled through the new option /Zx.
- Support for 'old style' C runtime names added through the new option
- Support for C runtime function _fdopen added.
- The compiler will now accept _declspec as well as
- Support for __declspec( noreturn ) added (function
will never return to it's caller). This is used to suppress warnings
about missing return statements when the runtime functions exit,
_Exit, abort or longjmp
- Signed/unsigned mismatches will now cause strong warnings, not errors.
- Converting from floating-point to unsigned integer will behave differently
in Microsoft (/Ze) and standard modes (in compiler).
- Floating-point support added to StrongARM backend.
- Very small code improvements added to the X86 backend.
- Bugfix: -D<symbol> works like #define <symbol>.
- Bugfix: Bitfields smaller than int were assigned like int, causing
- Bugfix: Preprocessing strings containing // (anywhere) were not handled
correctly by the syntax color highlighter.
- Bugfix: Referencing files outside the project directory usually caused
the project macro 'POC_PROJECT_PATH' to point to the root, with a path
ending with a backslash, causing all kinds of trouble with the projects
(saving projects directly to the root will still cause trouble, but
normally you don't do that).
- Bugfix: Changing the source code font from the debugger didn't repaint
- Bugfix: POLIB didn't properly build import libraries when functions
were forwarded to another DLL.
- Bugfix 2.70.1: The main menu was hidden and the toolbar
disabled after loading a project file from the command line or Windows
- Bugfix 2.70.3: Using F1, or the context menu, to
get help about a C runtime function from the source editor displayed
the wrong help page.
- Bugfix 2.70.3: Painting in the source editor needed
to be 'smarter', not repainting the whole page all the time.
- Bugfix 2.70.3: Call tips had a slight glitch on some
- 2.70.3: Added runtime function _fcloseall
to stdio.h, crt.lib, crtmt.lib and the help file.
- Bugfix 2.70.4: Some more repainting problems fixed.
- Bugfix 2.70.5: Syntax color highlighter didn't handle
escaped newlines with the new source editor.
- Bugfix 2.70.5: Better fix for bug in 2.70.1 - also works
for other file types.
- Bugfix 2.70.6: Mouse clicks didn't account for horizontal